The Network Security Engineer is principally responsible for managing company’s network and security technologies. This position monitors and configures network hardware and software as required and documents the solution for ongoing support mainly provided by a 3rd party. The environment consists of global locations interconnected via MPLS and VPN infrastructure.
This is a high-profile critical position managing 7X24x365 environment. This opportunity demands a technically skilled, diplomatic, highly motivated individual with good communication and organizational skills who is eager to learn and become an integral player in the team. This position involves special working conditions, including:24×7 accessibility subject to on-call as and when needed in addition to some global travel to our locations as and when needed.
- Planning and implementation of security technologies, where required to minimize security breaches thus safeguarding the IT architecture and company information
- Manage the policies of, and support multiple remote and local gateways and firewalls
- Assist and liaise with legal on security or information systems related investigations
- Educate administrators and users regarding security risks and best practices
- Development information security policies
- Provide ad hoc consulting on network and system security issues
- Keep current with new developments in security industry including alerts, bugs, vulnerabilities, and viruses and evaluate and report on their potential business impact
- Audit Information Systems and Network Security devices against corporate security standards
- Identify, evaluate threats and formulate appropriate responses
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments for applied changes, upgrades and new system implementations
- Participate in conducting security reviews for operational systems and changes.
- Examine and determine the level of security required for all new production systems.
- Develop and maintain standards for the physical and other security arrangements of the company and monitor that conformant procedures are being observed.
- Provision of data network support for the entire company
- Develop and enhance the network, building network infrastructure for new offices as and when required.
- Testing new releases and updating test plans and providing training for internal
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots data network systems, circuits, and infrastructure issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Serves as an immediate escalation point for operations personnel.
- Participate and/or lead project efforts related to network build-out and remote site network activities.
- Resolve customer support requests through and Service Centre. Meet support SLA ’s for individual support requests.
- Creates written documentation for critical infrastructure.
- Manage 3rd party service providers
- In depth knowledge of stateful filtering technology, Site-to-Site and Client VPN.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Experience and ability to design internetwork gateway topologies ground up using precepts of security, redundancy, high availability, maximum control and ability to carry out performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Solid underlying knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet technologies
- Solid familiarity with VOIP, GRE, VLAN routing and Net flow
- Solid familiarity with the ISO OSI 7-Layer Model
- Solid familiarity and experience in LAN and WAN IP routing and troubleshooting
- Solid familiarity of Cisco Routers and Switches
- Solid working knowledge of Internet security and associated security software & practices.
- Strong compliance experience (SOX / ITIL / ISO)
- Ability to manage changes and configuration updates.
- Experience of Microsoft Client-Server environment
- Experience with hacker tools and threats
- Experience with Cisco IDS / IPS
- Experience with Cisco Wireless Networks
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Internet Protocols and Services including HTTP, DNS, SMTP and experience in deploying and securing applications offering these services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (desktop & server)
- Working knowledge of Symantec Client security
- Experience with Microsoft Windows security issues and ability to harden these systems.
- Systems Administration experience with Windows, Linux, Unix security issues and the ability to secure and harden systems.
- Strong working knowledge of VPN and encryption technologies
- Ability to script
- Working experience with network security tools and systems auditing tools.
- Familiarity with mobile malicious code and Anti-Virus software
- Knowledge of the mainstream PC-based Applications
- Experience and managing security in an BYOD Environment
- Strong Windows and Linux Systems Administration skill set.
We are looking for people with broad internetworking and technical background with a focus on network security and Cisco firewalls who have honed their skill set to a level where they can work effectively within a practical sometimes pressured global corporate environment.
Qualifications and Education:
Relevant qualifications such as CCNA, Network+, CCSA/CCSE, Security+, MSc. IT Security, SSCP/CISSP or formal security training are highly beneficial.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience
Education: Degree or equivalent in computing, communications, electronics or related subject(s) or equivalent experience.
Ability to formulate responses, policy and communicate effectively to a wide or varied audience and to differing levels within an organisation.