Our clients are global outsourced service providers who are now recruiting a Global Pricing Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercial individual with a strong track record of pricing success to join this rapidly growing company and help grow the business, working alongside an experienced and successful Bid Management Team. This is a new position, and a key role with responsibility for driving a positive pricing initiative across the company, supporting and helping to drive a commercial culture throughout the company. Reporting to the Global Commercial Director this person will sit in the Bid Management Team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead the financial deal costing and structuring (internal and external) of new business opportunities of new and existing clients to achieve the client’s and our business, financial and operational objectives.
- Organise and consolidate pricing on global, complex, multi-tower deals.
- Identify new target markets, audiences and channels to develop new revenue streams from existing core assets;
- Responsible for the overall financial deal structure (internal and external) of new business opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Responsible for the financial assurance that the deal model aligns with the delivery and technical solution and the contractual agreement.
- Responsible for price to win and total cost of ownership analysis.
- Initiate the credit assessment process for new clients.
- Obtain any required accounting, tax, and revenue recognition treatment approvals.
- Develop and document all pricing templates including additional and reduced resource charging structures.
- Document all pricing and costing assumptions.
- Responsible for the analysis of solution metrics and cost drivers to assure compliance with all current standards.
- Responsible for notification of changes to revenue, operating profit and payback periods which would require re-approval by a deal review board.
- Cooperate with peer review activities to improve overall work products
- Participate in Customer meetings and Oral presentations.
- Participate as a key member of the contracts negotiating team providing analysis and input on contract change impacts on deal economics.
- Assist deal team to achieve the target price by providing continuous feedback on overall cost impacts, solution alternatives, continuous improvement opportunities, and relevant pricing alternatives and options.
- leading and managing a virtual team which prices winning bids and delivers detailed proposals within time and to budget;
- be an active, dynamic and contributing member of the bid management team;
- building strong and effective relationships with internal customers;
- represent us externally with existing and potential partners;
- demonstrate a genuine and achievable commitment to provide a first class service at every level to all users of our products.
- Consolidation and maintenance of our pricing capability collateral.
- Promote team work and provide other employees with coaching and leadership, and work with other parts of our organisation to provide further education on the CRM and CMS Value Proposition.
The ideal candidate will bring all or most of the following:
- Senior level experience and successful track record in a commercially driven business development role.
- Experience of working across international markets.
- Experience of change management.
- Has been part of a senior management team, with experience of developing and implementing strategy.
- Experience of bidding for, and managing, large scale, complex bids.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering business objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing teams who can deliver in high pressure environments.
- Has worked closely with, and influenced, senior individuals ideally across a range of sectors.
- This role requires experience in outsourcing services industry with a solid understanding of business processes, technology and finance related issues such as financial statements, tax, currency, revenue recognition and accounting principles
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pricing or related function and 5+ years of experience in the Outsourcing services industry
- Experience in working on large (>€100M) complex global outsourcing transactions
Ability to Mentor junior bid financial managers
- Client-facing and negotiations skills necessary, including ability to interact and present to all levels.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, global tax policies, currency risks, financial statements
- Ability to handle complex pricing and costing models in excel and other tools
- Good understanding of technology and/or business process, CRM and CMS services.
- General understanding of all technology service lines within CRM and CMS environment.
- Ability to understand high-level business issues and proposed detailed solution to high-level issues.
- Work using top-down approach. Including ability to take something detailed and convert into all-Level discussions.
- Experience with financial terms and conditions
- MBA or CPA is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Flexible and adaptable – has the ability to come into a new role and make it one’s own.
- Thinks beyond current timeframes or business plan to influence the long-term strategic direction of the business.
- Pragmatic. Translates strategic imperatives into clear commercial priorities for own area and delivers on these.
- Makes significant decisions to maximise business performance across own area.
- Anticipates market, competitor and customer activity to identify valuable business opportunities.
- Takes responsibility for setting business area direction and determining priorities.
- Helps teams to overcome barriers to progress and get back on course.
- Strong customer focus, with drive for delivering quality service.
- Is able to promote a commercial culture, and to effect cultural change where necessary.
- Is a key influencer across the company – understands the perspectives of different stakeholders and business areas.
- Believes in the services we provides, working with pace to achieve goals, and energising others as a result.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building, able to argue persuasively at the most senior levels and present effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- The role will be home or office based from one of our office locations. It is expected that this person will travel both nationally and internationally.