Our clients are global outsourced service providers who are now recruiting a Bid Solutions Director. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, commercial individual with a strong track record of developing and structuring bid success to join this rapidly growing company.
This is a new position, and a key role with responsibility for driving future growth for the company, identifying and growing and helping to drive a commercial culture throughout the company. This position will report in to the Global Commercial Director.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop our CRM and CMS proposition through winning profitable business.
- Work collaboratively with clients and the client bid teams to develop robust and innovative Solutions for CRM and CMS services across all sectors. This includes supporting the Bid Solution process through pre-qualification support, solution design and commercial sign off, and developing an effective solution to the Global and regional Sales teams.
- Build creative but deliverable solutions that are closely aligned with the clients objectives and culture, supported by clear sales messages
- Provide inputs into the commercial team to develop the pricing for the proposal
- Assist in the identification of new target markets, audiences and channels to develop new revenue streams from existing core assets;
- identify the potential for and pursue income streams from a range of diverse sources in order to achieve financial targets and to help to develop a sustainable long term financial platform;
- leading and managing a virtual team which bids, wins and delivers on new contracts, to time and to budget;
- be an active, dynamic and contributing member of the bid management team;
- building strong and effective relationships with internal customers;
- represent us externally with existing and potential partners;
- demonstrate a genuine and achievable commitment to provide a first class service at every level to all users.
- Consolidation and maintenance of our capability collateral.
- Promote team work and provide other employees with coaching and leadership, and work with other parts of our organisation to provide further education on the CRM and CMS Value Proposition.
- Senior level experience and successful track record in a commercially driven Bid Solution role.
- Experience of working across international markets.
- Experience of change management.
- Has been part of a management team, with experience of developing and implementing strategy.
- Experience of bidding for, and managing, large scale, complex bids.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering business objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of delivery in high pressure environments.
- Has worked closely with, and influenced, senior individuals ideally across a range of sectors.
- Initiates and leads broad scanning activities and research.
- Flexible and adaptable – has the ability to come into a new role and make it one’s own.
- Thinks beyond current timeframes or business plan to influence the long-term strategic direction of the business.
- Pragmatic. Translates strategic imperatives into clear commercial priorities for own area and delivers on these.
- Makes significant decisions to maximise business performance across own area.
- Anticipates market, competitor and customer activity to identify valuable business opportunities.
- Takes responsibility for determining priorities.
- Helps virtual teams to overcome barriers to progress and get back on course.
- Flexibility and willingness to achieve challenges together with multi-national teams including the ability to travel extensively as required.
- Strong customer focus, with drive for delivering quality service.
- Effective problem solving (even when there is no precedent) with the ability to “drive” through change.
- Strong project management skills
- Challenges the agenda openly and constructively.
- Is able to promote a commercial culture, and to effect cultural change where necessary.
- Is a key influencer across Sales and Account Management – understands the perspectives of different stakeholders and business areas.
- Believes in the services we provide, working with pace to achieve goals, and energizing others as a result.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building, able to argue persuasively at the most senior levels and present effectively to a wide variety of audiences. Excellent oral, written, communication, and presentation skills, including ability to communicate effectively in English
- The ability to operate and excel in a changing and dynamic working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree qualified
- The role will be home or office based from one of our office locations. It is expected that this person will travel both nationally and internationally.