Area Sales Manager (Scotland & Ireland)
Our client is highly regarded in the building and construction, infrastructure, shipyards and shipbuilding, power and oil and gas industries; providing complete scaffolding systems and all necessary related products and accessories. The organisation prides itself on its ability to deliver solutions to customers safely, cost efficiently and with minimal environmental impact.
The organisation is seeking to recruit an Area Sales Manager – Scotland & Ireland to lead and manage all sales activities across the Scotland and Ireland region. This is a senior regional sales role which reports directly into the UK Sales Manager.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
• Educated with a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Management or similarly related.
• Must have a minimum of 8 years sales experience, preferably in the Access Equipment industry.
• Preferably will have strong technical knowledge and understanding of the Scaffold and Access Equipment industry.
• Will have a proven track record of B2B field sales achievement in the Scaffolding and Access Equipment sectors. Other industry experience including; construction, industrial and equipment sales may be considered.
• Ability to identify potential business opportunities, cultivate customer relationships, negotiate and close sales.
• Able to plan, organise and prioritise in within a sales territory.
• Confident personality, able to communicate with customers at all levels.
• Able to work autonomously and contribute to overall team objectives.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the sale and hire of the company’s products direct to the user and via the network of distributers and installers.
• Leads the Scotland and Ireland region sales activities, maintaining and growing sales to the existing customer base and develop new accounts.
• Plan and manage personal business portfolio/ territory according to an agreed market development strategy.
• Sell the organisations products and services to multiple sectors including; oil and gas, infrastructure and industrial service contractors, construction companies, access contractors and related segments.
• Build relationships and raise awareness with key influencers and contacts, such as main contractors, clients, oil and gas operators and authorities.
• To “project manage” major enquiries including coordinating support with engineering and training departments.
• Use customer relationship management system (CRM) and regularly update relevant information held in this system (contact details, appointments, visit reports, actions etc).
• Organise and coordinate product demonstrations at the centre of excellence and at customer locations.
• Attend internal and external training programmes to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
In return you will receive a basic salary commensurate with experience + competitive bonus structure + benefits.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the APPLY button! Good luck!