Area Sales Manager (Construction Plant Hire)
Position: Area Sales Manager – Covering a large area of the UK from North Yorkshire down to the Midlands – North Lincolnshire across to Lancashire
Circa £45,000 OTE inc. commission + Car + Benefits
Our client is one of the leading UK specialists in the hire and sales of construction equipment and due to their ongoing success in today’s global market they are currently looking to recruit an exceptional Area Sales Manager.
You will take complete responsibility for the strategic sales and activities within the chosen territory, ensuring all business opportunities and key accounts are developed to their maximum potential.
You will be working closely with the Sales Management team and Sales Directors, to understand the overall potential from each individual account, maintaining effective and professional relationships with both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities of the Area Sales Manager
Ensure key customers and accounts are serviced effectively to maximise business and sales opportunities.
To monitor and negotiate prices to ensure the company remains competitive.
To visit new, existing and potential customers to develop relationships leading to improved levels of business.
Respond to and resolve all major customer complaints ensuring a quick and amicable resolution is achieved.
Oversee customer queries ensuring that they are dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties.
Monitor/Review all sales budgets and ensure that they are in line with the requirements of the business at all times.
Continually promote a customer service orientated culture within the region
Contribute ideas to the business development team and organisation.
Skills of the Area Sales Manager
- Communications skills – Ability to communicate and express views to all clients across multi sectors and different levels of seniority.
- Analytical skills – Confidence with management information analysis and problem solving.
Good IT knowledge of Powerpoint, Excel.
- Selling skills – Excellent presentation skills on a personal, one to one and group level, negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to grow client accounts.
- Organisational skills – Planning, preparation and follow up.
- Highly self-motivated and conscientious.
- Commercial awareness – A good focus and understanding of client profitability.
- Understanding of client procurement processes.
The ideal candidate will be located in the either of the following areas; Harrogate, Leeds, York, Keighley, Bradford, Halifax, Ossett, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Pontefract, Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield, Glossop, Rochdale, Rawtenstall and surrounding towns and villages.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the APPLY button! Good luck!